In this edition of our Geek Corner Sales & Marketing Manager Randi Lasley picks out a piece of technology she is asking Santa for Christmas.
Dear Santa: I’d like a Roku Streaming Stick for Christmas
It’s a Streaming HDMI stick that’s plugged into the back of your TV.
It streams video from subscriptions like Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, and more from the Roku dongle.
Once connected to your TV, you only need to hook up to your Wi-Fi network. Cost is around $50.
Image Source https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2456300,00.asp
Santa, I’d like to get one of these for Christmas because:
- It’s simple to use
- Great price for the capabilities
- Has a good variety of Channels to choose from
- It’s small and doesn’t clutter up your media center with more devices
- You can use your Smartphone as a remote
- You can browse for content on your Phone via Netflix & YouTube apps then watch them on your TV. (Pretty handy)
- Also comes with its own remote
A few things to consider before Santa delivers:
- Depending on the way the back of your TV is designed, it’s possible the device will not plug in, however you can use and HDMI extension cable to resolve this problem.
- You have to have an HDTV with HDMI input which most new TV’s have
- No Mirroring Devices Capabilities
I am rating Roku Streaming Stick on the Must Have for Christmas Scale a 3.75 on the Geek Meter. It’s affordable and it you don’t have a streaming device for you TV already it’s a great option.