With the end of 2017 approaching quickly, I just wanted to put together a quick end of the year checklist for things every business should consider before leaving for their Holiday Break.
- Meet with your Accountant
- Review and Section 179 write offs and schedule any end of the year projects for tax purposes.
- Also provide your accountant with any receipts for large equipment purchases during the year that will help with tax preparation and tax deductions. (If you need any copies of your purchases from DPC Technology please contact us and we will send those over)
- Back Up Your Data
- Make sure that all of your files, including accounting, client records, and emails are backed up and secure. Typically, your entire server is being backed up. If you want to backup any files you are storing locally for example to the owner's desktop, please call DPC Technology to make sure we are backing up that computer. You can contact us to have us verify what files are being backed up.
- Remote Access while you are away
- Get a Remote Login for anyone that needs to login during the holiday break from home if they may need to login due to client or patient emergency calls (if you are a Complete Care Client of DPC Technology, we will set this up for you. Please contact support to get a login)
- Prepare your phone system away message for out of the office for the holidays message
That is a pretty basic end of the year checklist, but definitely a good time to make sure these things are in place before you leave for the holidays to ensure you have an enjoyable break. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us for help with any of these items and Happy Holidays from DPC Technology!
Written by: Christina Archer, Vice President, DPC Technology
About DPC Technology
DPC Technology is a Florida based IT and Managed Services provider with extensive knowledge in network design and implementation, hardware, storage, security, disaster recovery, and HIPAA Compliance. Established in 1995, DPC has a comprehensive array of support offerings including Technology Consulting, Project and Technology Management, and Outsourced It Support to help businesses solve complex problems, security challenges and meet compliance mandates. For information, call (844) 260-5020 or visit www.dpctechnology.com